Thursday, November 06, 2008

Another Packers Fan

It doesn't happen often, but I have allowed a fellow Packers fan to post to my Packers blog. She might be going hog wild now that she has the ol' log in information! What if she is a Bears fan in disguise? What if she is an old castoff of Aaron Rodgers' and wants revenge? Uh-oh, what have I gotten myself into?

Here goes:

I have grown up in Milwaukee and grew up a Green Bay Packers fan. My earliest memory of the Packers goes back to when I was 6 years old running around the basement of a family friends house with my sisters dressed in a Packers cheerleading outfit waving around my pom-poms as the Packers play in Super Bowl XXXI. The Packers have had their phenomenal seasons and there not-so-great seasons, but through it all Packers fans across Wisconsin have stuck by their side and supported them. At the end of last year and beginning of this year us fans went through a lot with the news of Brett Favre retiring and then deciding to come back. We all cried along with Brett as he made his farewell speech, and then we all got excited at the thought of him coming back. I think we all would have liked to see him play another season. He is a living legend that we watched break record after record. I have had a Farve jersey since as long as I can remember and have attended numerous Packer games in the “Frozen Tundra” at Lambeau Field; games were it has been so cold I could see my breath or feel my fingers or toes. Walking up to the stadium and feeling the rush of game time is so exciting.


I was a little unsure of Aaron Rodgers being our quarterback. I said he would have some pretty big shoes to fill, and I think that he has done a pretty good job at it so far. I must say he is no Brett Favre, but I am definitely starting to warm up to him. It might be a little unfair to compare him to Favre seeing what an amazing quarterback he is, but after being a Farve fan for so many years it is kind of hard to just start liking someone else all of a sudden. I think it is only fair to give Rodgers the chance to show us all what he is made of. Now as far as Farve playing for the New York Jets, I was pretty heartbroken at first. Watching him play with another team it almost seemed like he was betraying us! I understand his love of the game and desire to come back. Since the Packers weren't interested in taking him back, he really had no choice but to find another team to play for. I guess on the other hand if he is going to play for someone else I would rather it be the Jets instead of someone like the Chicago Bears or Minnesota Vikings.


I already have my Packers tickets for the Carolina Panthers game on November 30th. I think it will be a great end to my Thanksgiving weekend. This will be my husband's first Packers game ever, and my first game seeing Rodgers. I am really looking forward to being at Lambeau. The tailgating, the beer, the face paint, crazy hats and gear! Packer fans are definitely a loud and crazy fun bunch! No matter what happens I will always be a Packer fan. I have grown up with the Packers and you will always find me either at the game or in front of a big screen TV watching it. I am one of those die hard Packer Fans!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hii this is a nice post.

please see my post also click hare

Chocolaty said...

https://www.pixelfollow.com/
http://bijananews.com/
http://bijanahindinews.com/