Thursday, October 23, 2008

Packers Bye Week Well-Timed

The Green Bay Packers have had this past week to rest their weary bones and prepare for a tough competition against an undefeated Tennessee Titans team. I suspect there will be a great deal of green and gold in the stands at LP Field, knowing the history of Packers fans willingness to travel. With a surprise win against the Indianapolis Colts last Sunday, the Packers are in a position to make their mark in this 2008 season with a win against the Titans.



This win was just what I needed to seal the deal with Rodgers. I should say this win coupled with the little telephone call Brett Favre made to Lions'-ex Matt Millen. While it may not be true that Favre discussed any Packers plays, it still keeps that sour taste in my mouth. Aaron Rodgers has put together some solid performances, even in the 3 losses, he has played well. Confidence is high.




With Al Harris' return from a spleen tear, this team is going places. To think my expectations were pitifully low early in the season. I should be ashamed. I do wish Favre well with the Jets, but have moved on to #12.


The Packers lost to the Titans in the preseason, though only by 2 points. And how much does the preseason even reflect the regular season? I think these teams will split their meetings this year, with the Packers winning the more important of the match-ups.






No comments: